13.9.08

Halfway, almost

...through Ramadan. Spent the weekend in Irbid with my host family's extended family, which was overwhelming and interesting. Kind of like my family, only in Arabic, so now I know what it's like for guests at Farber family events. Coolest moment of the weekend was when I was doing some yoga (everyone needs a little me time) and for about 20 minutes during my sun salutations I could hear the call to prayer. Not to sound cliche, but it made the yoga almost spiritual and even more calming. It was a rough day, not being able to communicate well with everyone, and that reminded me why I am here, and that that wouldn't happen anywhere else in the world. It totally reaffirmed the reasons I came and made me really want to figure things out. The words will come, I just have to give it time...

No comments: